Thursday, September 23, 2010

September Happenings

Callie started Pre-school and is loving every minute of it.  She goes Monday through Friday from 1pm - 3:30pm.  She is already teaching me all the songs they sing about days of the week and is making new friends.  She has noticed girls in her class have earrings and is already talking about it.  I told her not until she was older.
Callie has also started a Gymnastics class with her good buddy Kinsey.  They go once a week and Callie absolutely loves it!
Leif has been into climbing lately.  Now I have to hide these chairs since I caught him next to the gas stove top and the burner was on.  Thankfully he didn't get hurt then, but I don't want any other chances!
We took a trip to Gillette Castle in Hamden, CT.  This was built in the early 1900's by the original stage actor of Sherlock Holmes.  He is the actor that coined the phrase, "Elementary, my dear Watson."  The outside doesn't look like much but it was very classy inside.  Albert Einstein was known to vacation at this home.
Cal and her buddy playing outside the castle.
This is in the atrium just off the main room inside.
The kids playing with the flowers in the court yard.
This is the view from the court yard to the Connecticut River.
Treats after the Gillette Castle Tour!  Yum!
We made a visit to the Forest Park zoo in Springfield, MA.
I don't remember what this animal was but Callie thought it was a reindeer.
Leif feeding some large rodent thingy.
Callie has been telling me she wants to be a Rock Star for Halloween.  Here is my attempt...I think I re-created Hannah Montana.  I'm thinking the wig is too much.  We'll see what else I can come up with.
Leif liked the wig!
The other morning I was trying to get out the door to take Andrew to school.  The kids were still in their jammies and I said, "Callie go get some shoes on!"  This is how she came back.  Boots, hat and sticker!  A true fashionista!

3 comments:

Mills Family said...

Love these pictures!! Your family rocks, what great adventures you guys have!! How is Andrew liking school? And I love your scientific names for the animals, haha!!

Jessica said...

The wig is definately NOT too much! LOVE THE ROCK STAR!!! So fun! How is it I adore your kids SO much and I haven't even met them in person!!! It's on my A-Z list along with being your neighbor.

Babydoll said...

Preschool and gymnastics. Does that seem crazy? How did she get so old? I am pretty excited to do "grown-up" kid things with my little guy soon. Loved the update.